Premium Consulting participates as a partner within the project “ELECTRIPORT – Alternative maritime power in the Port of Heraklion” that addresses the Core maritime Port of Heraklion, located on the Orient East-Med Core Network Corridor.
ELECTRIPORT, is co-financed by the Connecting Europe Facility of the European Union, with the aim of conducting detailed analysis of energy needs of the Port of Heraklion in order apply fully integrated electrification services for any ship type at berth to , as well as in ports with similar characteristics. More specifically, the project reduces the environmental footprint of ships with high energy needs such as cruise ships, while simultaneously upgrading and modernizing the port facilities, through energy transformation and shift to “green” forms of energy.
The Action covers the elaboration of a complete set of studies and engineering designs for the development of onshore power supply (OPS) technology for all types of vessels at the core maritime Port of Heraklion.
The Action includes the elaboration of the following main studies and related documents:
– Port’s operational capacity analysis for the dimensioning of shore-side power supplies and calculation of power demand;
– Environmental Impact Assessment study and related risk assessment studies required for the installation and operation of the OPS system;
– Engineering design studies for the installation of the OPS system and the port’s current and future grid capacity needs;
– A Cost-Benefit Analysis and a Social CBA;
– Tender documents.
Premium Consulting mainly undertook the elaboration of the CBA and SCBA for the integration of the electrification services. Considering the new investment plan that it is more than essential based on the forthcoming institutional changes with respect to Fit fir 55 for 2030 and Zero emission for 2050, the related study is evaluated as feasible and cash flow assessments indicated that the Port of Heraklion may have a positive cashflow, as well as Social Internal rate of Return subject to specific conditions.
The partnership of the ELECTRIPORT project consists of:
- Heraklion Port Authority S.A., Lead Partner
- Wartsilla Hellas
- Premium Consulting
- BMG Marine – Electromechanical Engineers,
- Hellenic Mediterranean University (ELMEPA)
- ANELIXIS Development Consultants S.A
- MSI Hellas, Private Security Company
- National Technical University of Athens